Social Trekking Opportunity in Nepal
Welcome to Makalu Arun Social Trek (MAST)! A government registered, fully licensed nonprofit distributing social trekking company established in Khandbari, in Eastern Nepal by Sankhuwasabha Education Scholarship Foundation (SESF), Khandbari. MAST offers social trekking experience for our guests around eastern part of Nepal.
How we work?
- We organize coordinate or facilitate community friendly social trekking including volunteering opportunity, internship and research as well as other programs for our interested guests from Kathmandu to Mt. Makalu, Arun valley region of Eastern Nepal.
- Our locally hired, fully insured, trained porter guides, who are dedicated to provide the best service and share their knowledge about the local people, their culture, plants and animals etc, are ready to accompany our guests and take care of them throughout the trekking.
- Along the trekking/ hiking routes local people welcome them, local home stays/ tea house owners provide meals and accommodations services to them. In return the guests pay directly to their different service providers. In this way a big part of the income generated from the business is expected to go directly to the local people.
- Our guests are also offered the opportunity to participate in various volunteering activities along their trekking as per their choice and interest.
- From time to time MAST company management committee Provides tourism awareness and hygienic training to the local Tea houses /home stay owners in coordination with the local government organization.
More information about
- MAST company
- SESF a nonprofit organization
- Volunteering opportunity in Khandbari
- Our previous trekker''s blog
Thank you very much for visiting our site. Please contact us for more information.
Makalu Arun Social Trek (MAST)
Kosshi Zone (Nepal)