Welcome to Makalu Arun Social Trek (MAST)! A government registered and licensed, nonprofit distributing social trekking company established in Khandbari of Eastern Nepal by Sankhuwasabha Education Scholarship Foundation (SESF), Khandbari. Through MAST we offer social trekking opportunity for our interested guests aroud Makalu , Arun Valley Region of eastern Nepal.
How we work?
- We organize, coordinate or facilitate community friendly social trekking with volunteering opportunity, as well as internship and research program for you around Makalu and Arun valley region of Eastern Nepal.
- Our locally hired,well experienced, insured, local porter guides are always ready to provide their best services to you and share their knowledge about the local people, their culture, plants and animals with you.
- Along the trekking route local people welcome you, local community home stay management committee/ tea house owners provide meals and accommodations services to you. In return you will pay directly to your different service providers. In this way a big part of the income generated from the business goes directly to the local people.
- You are also offered the opportunity to participate educational volunteering activities along your trekking route as per your choice and interest.
- From time to time MAST company management committee Provides tourism awareness and hygienic training to the local Tea houses /home stay owners in coordination with the local government organization.
More information about
- Our Social trekking Company
- SESF a Non Profit Organization
- Volunteering Opportunity
- Our previous trekker''s blog
Thank you very much for visiting our site. Please contact us for more information.
Makalu Arun Social Trek (MAST)
Kosshi Zone (Nepal)